Monday, January 23, 2012

Skinny Carnitas Tacos

Jordan and mine healthy eating continues with crock pot pork carnitas tacos tonight.  We both really enjoyed them, and it was nice to be greeted with the smell when I walked in the door after work. The best part was that my whole dinner was less then 425 calories and I walked away full.

I found this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com, which is quickly becoming my favorite website to find healthy recipes. I have tried several different ones and they have all been really good. All of her recipes include the nutritional information and weight watchers points, so they can be adjusted for any diet. I have also been using the My Fitness Pal app on my iphone to track the calories I am eating and I have been able to find all the recipes that I have made already in the app.

I prepped the meat the last night and put it in the fridge. Then all I had to do this morning before work was take the crock pot out of the fridge and turn it on. It was all ready to go when I got home from a long day at work. I served them on Mission white corn tortillas, with avocado, and homemade salsa, I will definitely be making these again!


No comments:

Post a Comment