Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

I began cooking dinners for Jordan when we will still dating, and from that time until the present he has bugged me to make Chicken and Wild Rice for dinner. It was one of his favorite recipes that his mom use to make. I finally broke down and made it for him (It only took a year and half of marriage!) After reviewing several different recipes on how to make it,  I took a little but from each of them and made my own. 

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Ingredients:
8oz packaged Long Grain and Wild Rice (I used 2 boxes of Rice-a-Roni)
1 medium onion 
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sour cream 
10 3/4oz can of Cream of Chicken Soup 
2 cups shredded chicken (I made it easy on myself and bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded the white breast meat) 

Directions:
1. Cook the rice according to the package direction. 
2. While the rice is cooking melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Saute until tender. 


3. Add the chicken, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup to the onions and remove from heat.


4. Add the cooked rice to the mixture and combine 


5. Cook uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes in an oven safe casserole dish. 


6. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment