Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bathroom Remodel Day 1

We are in the middle of an emergency bathroom remodel. Sure 1985 had hit the bathroom and not left, and it needed to be redone sooner or later. However, I would not have choose a week after Christmas to re-do it!

It all started about 2 years ago, when I noticed that there was some water damage in the downstairs bathroom. I did not think much of it, and just figured it had been there for a long time and nothing to worry about. I did not think there was a problem until I took the Christmas decorations out of the closet underneath the stairs and noticed there was water damage under there also, and it was not good!

It was determined that the leak had to be coming from the downstairs bathroom, as that was where the most  water damage was. My Dad and Jordan manage to rip most everything out of the bathroom (which because of all the water damage came out pretty easily!) As it turned out the leak was coming from the dirty water pipe draining the water from the master bathroom above (So gross!). 

The good news is the leak is fixed and I get a nicely re-done bathroom!

But in the mean time, here is what the bathroom looks like. 




No comments:

Post a Comment