Monday, October 24, 2011

Ducks Game and a Little Cooking!

On Sunday night we went to the Ducks Game and to Lazy Dog Cafe before the game. I grew up watching the Ducks, or The Mighty Ducks as they used to get called. My dad would get tickets from time to time and take my sisters and I. One of the highlights when I was little was when I had my picture taken with Wild Wing the Mascot. The Ducks ending up loosing the game, but we still had a really good time with our friends Stephanie and Jon.

Lazy Dog is one of my favorite restaurants to go too. I really enjoy sitting outside on the patio and it was such a nice day on Sunday. The Sangria they serve there is pretty tasty also!






Tonight for dinner I made a new kind of Chicken Enchiladas, and it was delicious! I found a recipe that was similar to this, but then changed it around and it was better then any enchiladas I have made in the past. The top was crispy from the oven and the cooking spay, but the bottom was soft and soaked up the sauce.

 Ingredients:

3 Cups cooked shredded chicken
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 4.5oz can of chopped green chili's, drained
8 8-inch flour tortillas
Vegetable cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 (8-ounce) bottle of green taco sauce

Toppings: Diced tomato and chopped Green Onion
Direction:
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange in a slightly greased 13 x 9 - inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with vegetable oil cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Stir together the sour cream and green taco sauce. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with toppings.





For dessert tonight I made Paula Deen's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake. Paula Deen's recipe is pretty easy to follow and is AMAZING! Like melt in your mouth good, especially when you just need a little chocolate. It can be served with whip cream or vanilla ice cream. I have made it in the past and taken it to work and every time it is a hot and is gone incredibly fast! Paula Deen also has recipes for other varieties of the butter cake, such as peanut butter or pumpkin. I have had the pumpkin one and it is pretty good. It would make an excellent Thanksgiving dessert if you are looking for something besides pie.

 The ingredients

 Bottom layer down

Making the top layer

Ready to go in the oven

Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment