Friday, March 23, 2012

Mini S'mores Pies


For my birthday last weekend my parents got me the Breville Mini Pie Maker. 





I was pretty excited about it, and anxious to give it a try! There are so many possibilities, and different things to make with it: from breakfast quiches to chicken pot pies to dessert pies of course. 

For my first pies, I decided to make mini s'mores pies as they looked pretty tasty and easy. I found the recipe in the cookbook that my sister gave me to go with the mini pie maker. Since these were my first pies I used refrigerated pie crust, maybe in the future I will get into making my own. 


Well, they turned out just as good as they sounded and the machine was super easy to use!



S'mores Mini Pies
(makes 4 mini pies)

Ingredients:
1 pie dough round
2 graham crackers 
3 milk chocolate bars 
mini marshmallows 

Directions:
1. Preheat the Pie Maker according to the directions. Meanwhile, using a pastry cutter, cut the pie dough into 4 individual rounds. 

2. Break the graham crackers into small pieces and break the chocolate bars into small rectangles. 

3. When the pie maker is preheated, work quickly and place each pie dough round into the pie maker. Using the accompanying pastry press, mold the dough into the wells to form the crust bottoms. Distribute the graham crackers equally among the crusts. Put the chocolate pieces on top of the crackers. 

4. Close lip and cook until the crusts are well browned, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the pie, (I used the tool below and it worked wonderfully.) and transfer to a wire rack. Place marshmallows on top of each pie and serve immediately.  




No comments:

Post a Comment