Thursday, November 3, 2011

Some Reasons to Smile

Just 1 more day till the weekend! This has been a long week and I am so ready for the weekend! It is suppose to be cold and rainy and I am very excited for it. I do not have any big plans, but hoping the weather makes it a lazy weekend.

I have officially started my Christmas shopping! We are still 3 weeks away from Thanksgiving, but my Christmas shopping has begun. This way it is more spread out over 2 months, instead of all at once! With it all being out of the way, it will give me more time to enjoy the holiday season!

Tonight for dinner I made one of Jordan's and mine favorite meals...Orange Chicken and Fried Rice. The orange chicken is just out of a bag from Costco, but the fried rice is my special recipe! Once you have had it, no fried rice will ever be the same. 


Ingredients:
1 medium onion 
2 Large Eggs 
4-5 Strips of Bacon 
3 Cups of Cooked Rice (Calrose white rice works best)
Soy Sauce to Taste 
Salt and Pepper to Taste 

Directions:
Cook bacon in a large pan and removed when cooked. Add onions to bacon grease and cook until soft. Add the cooked rice to pan with the onions and stir. Beat the 2 eggs in a small bowl and pour over rice mixture. Crumble bacon into pan. Add Soy sauce, salt, and pepper to pan. Fry until slightly brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment